Can I apply to the EU Settlement Scheme?
- Are you an EEA or Swiss national, or the direct relative of someone who is?
- Were you residing in the UK prior to the 31st December 2020?
- Since the 31st December 2020, have you been absent from the UK for more than six months?
- Do you have good reasons for making a late application to the EU Settlement Scheme?
Why work with Paragon Law?
Since the EU Settlement Scheme was introduced, Paragon Law has helped thousands of EU nationals with their applications. As part of this we have:
- Provided assistance to universities and businesses which employ EU citizens to ensure that their employees made timely applications to secure their future in the UK.
- Provided assistance to those eligible to make a late application through our work with the charity Here For Good.
Our experienced immigration lawyers are continuing to advise EU citizens who have pre-settled status to now make applications for settled status.
Why choose Paragon Law?
- Well-versed in matters of EU immigration, our immigration lawyers have helped many individuals navigate this new relationship.
- Jargon-free. Our expert immigration lawyers are able to make the legal process that one bit easier by breaking down the technical jargon to ensure that you understand everything about your case.
- Partnered with the charity 'Here For Good', our immigration advisors have helped many EU families to remain living in the UK.
- Dedicated to providing expert immigration advice to individuals to help them secure their future in the UK and the EU.
After having contacted several firms, I settled on Paragon and was glad that I did! Their communications were excellent, I was put in direct contact with extremely knowledgeable staff, and they saw the process through to the end very efficiently.
Meet Emma Okenyi
Meet Maaria Mahmood
Meet Elliott Dipper
Meet Thalej Vasishta
I have just received my settled status and am seriously overwhelmed to the point of collapsing. No words are enough to say how immensely grateful I am for you and for your amazing advice which brought me to success.
EU Settlement Scheme Fees
EU Settlement Scheme: FAQs
How long do EU Settlement Scheme applications take to process?
Applications for the EU Settlement Scheme take around one to three months to process.
How long can I stay in the UK under the EU Settlement Scheme?
If you are granted settled status, you are entitled to remain in the UK permanently. If you are granted pre-settled status, you are entitled to stay in the UK for a period of five years.
Can I extend my pre-settled status?
Once you have lived in the UK continuously for five years, then you are able to apply for settled status.
How much does an application under the EU Settlement Scheme cost?
It is free to make an application to the EU Settlement Scheme.
What are the reasonable grounds for making a late application to the EU Settlement Scheme?
The Home Office has produced a list of reasonable grounds to make an application to the scheme. However, the list is just a guide meaning that each case will be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Which family members can apply to the EU Settlement Scheme?
If you are related to an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen through one of the following relations then you will be able to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme:
- A spouse, civil partner, or unmarried partner.
- A child or grandchild (aged under 21 years old).
- A dependent child or grandchild (aged under 21 years old).
- A dependent parent or grandparent.
Here For Good
Indefinite Leave to Remain