Immigration support for universities and independent schools

Our immigration lawyers help education institutions with a range of UK immigration matters. Whether you require support with a sponsor licence application or compliance as a licence holder, see how we can help.

Make an enquiry

Assisting education institutions for over 15 years

Since the sponsorship regime started in 2008, we have supported hundreds of higher education institutions to ensure the successful recruitment of global talent from around the world, whether they’re coming to the UK as an academic to teach, or a student to be taught.

Supporting education institutions and staff with:

Applying for a student sponsor licence

Our expert immigration lawyers can assist educational institutions to apply for a student sponsor licence as well as helping them to comply with their duties as a sponsor licence holder to ensure they maintain their status.

Sponsor licence duties and administration

Our legal team are able to audit and advise on the policies and systems within education institutions, help education institutions prepare for UKVI audits and challenge them when needed, and provide tailored compliance training.

Limited immigration leave and skilled workers

If you’re a HR professional within an educational setting, our immigration lawyers can assist you with matters relating to the skilled worker visa, ensuring that HR systems are compliant, and managing sponsor licences.

Supporting international students and student advisors

We are the immigration law advisors to international students at some of the UK's largest universities, advising on the immigration routes to live and work in the UK after being a student.

Why choose Paragon Law?

  • Experienced, with eleven universities among our client base and a number of independent schools we continue to advise across all areas of immigration law related to education institutions. 
  • Focused exclusively on immigration law, we are a true specialist, something which our clients rely on when navigating this complex area of law.
  • Global outlook, with clients across the world, helping people migrate safely into the UK.

During our work with Paragon Law they not only demonstrated deep knowledge of their subject, but also worked with great commitment, integrity and care, and their advice was easy to follow.

Meet Thal Vasishta

Thal Vasishta

Thal Vasishta

Director and Solicitor, Business Immigration

Thal Vasishta leads on our relationships with education institutions. He is also well renowned for speaking about immigration law and has been invited to do so at conferences hosted by organisations such as Enterprise Educators UK, Midlands Universities Immigration Group and AGCAS.

We have valued the support provided by Paragon Law to the university and our students in helping us understand the ever-changing requirements of UK immigration law.

The University of Liverpool Management School

Frequently asked questions

Can Paragon Law advise clients that are not based in the UK?

Yes, we advise businesses and individuals that are seeking entry to the UK and those that are looking to switch visas from within the UK. All our meetings will be by video. Our expert immigration lawyers have experience of preparing and filing applications at visa centres across the world.

I am a previous client of Paragon Law’s, am I able to have my previous immigration lawyer?

If you are a previous client at Paragon Law then please tell a member of our administrative team at the onset as they will do their best to allocate you to your previous immigration solicitor or lawyer. However, factors such as employee retention, demand, and the capacity of individual lawyers means that we cannot always guarantee that your previous lawyer will be handling your new case. Whilst this may dishearten you, rest be assured that all of our immigration lawyers are experts in their field and compassionate individuals.

What is the difference between a student sponsor licence and a sponsor licence?

International students and children who wish to study in the UK must be ‘sponsored’ by an education institution which has a student sponsor licence. Likewise, non-British citizens who wish to work in the UK must be employed by an organisation which has a sponsor licence. So, in summary, a student sponsor licence allows education institutions to enrol international students, whereas, a sponsor licence for employers allows organisations to employ non-British citizens. Get in touch with one of our immigration lawyers if you wish to make an application for a sponsor licence.

How do you assess your fees?

We understand that no two clients are the same, and so, there cannot be one fee that is applied to all cases. Therefore, we offer an initial consultation. This consultation allows you to explain your objectives, allows us to assess your options, if the legal requirements will be met and if you require us to manage the application or if you require advisory services. After the initial consultation we will advise clearly on our fixed fee approach and inform you of this in writing.

Find out more about our fees

Our fees reflect the service required and the complexities of the case. For a tailored quote please consult one of our immigration lawyers. As an immigration law firm, we offer our clients an initial consultation with an immigration lawyer in order to get more detail about your case.

Mask Group 13
Emma Okenyi (Website)

Speak to our expert immigration lawyers

Our immigration solicitors are able to assist you at any stage of your application. To find out more about how we can help you, fill out the form below and one of our immigration advisors will get back to you shortly.